Electronic Referral System
Physician & Specialist Referrals
Communicating patient information at the time of a specialty referral can assist you in providing high quality care for your patient. Both primary care physicians and specialists need an information exchange for their shared patients. Currently, not many physicians share referral information or have a record of their patient visit to the specialist, which causes dissatisfaction among primary care physicians (PCPs) and their consultants.
The Electronic Referral Service Platform
MDeReferral is a web-based service whereby providers can send electronic referrals straight to the participating diagnostic facilities of their choice. This service relieves providers of having to rely on patients to schedule the procedures. It also eliminates the need for paper referrals.
Important information about MDeReferral:
- It is an electronic system for sending referrals
- A PCP can login to the web service and submit a referral to specialist
- Specialists can receive notifications and can proactively schedule the patient
- A PCP will receive a notification that patient was scheduled
- Specialist can provide visit results so that they go back to PCP electronically
- Updates could be processed manually or through EMR integration.
Benefits for Specialists and PCPs
- Proactive scheduling for every referral electronically
- Increase patient and Medicare compliance
- Upload reports online so they are available to referring doctors
- Track referrals online
- Receive notifications when the procedure is scheduled or updates are made
- Receive updates on completed procedures or missed appointments
MDeReferral is designed to help guide providers through the process of writing Medicare compliant referrals and improves overall physician practice management. Our question and answer format ensures that all referrals meet Medicare requirements.
Immediate Referral Scheduling
Providers can add insurance information, locations, and their electronic signature to be able to send referrals quickly in just a few easy steps. Facilities then have the capability to schedule immediately, which results in an easy, hassle-free process for the patient.